This project is read-only.

need to be able to integrate with Dynamic Data

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Mwpsk Developers --

I think the Mwpsk does need to be able to integrate with Dynamic Data.

It should be quick, easy, and simple to "turn on" Dynamic Data in the site-- or, better yet, it should be "turned on" automatically.

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Nov 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I have several EasyControls that pull dynamic data from SQL.  Ok I had to manually add the db connection to web.config, but I had to do that in dnn as well.  Then I just add my DAL.cs file to app_code and a way I go. I have even created a dynamic paragraph that is pulled into the HTML module via Iframe and you can't even tell.  Well I guess you could if you looked in the source but thats ok. 

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Actually, I am talking about the "Dynamic Data" web site project type
that is built-in to VS.NET so I am not talking about just getting data
from a database dynamically. Etc.
>
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Hello mkamoski

Dynamic Data like Linq, requires ASP.NET 3.5. Current version of MWPSK is 2.0.

//Rickard

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:49 PM
rickardmagnusson wrote:

...Dynamic Data like Linq, requires ASP.NET 3.5. Current version of MWPSK is 2.0....

Rick --

Yes, that is true.

However, it is also true that to "convert" Mwpsk 1.2.2 to DotNet 3.5 one simply needs to let VS.NET make the changes when opening it.

At least that is what I did.

As such, my Mwpsk 1.2.2. is, in fact, running the DotNet 3.5 version.

I am not sure if Dynamic Data will ever work, given the URL manipulation-- perhaps with iFrames it can be done, but that would be ugly. I may investigate this, and other ideas later.

I do, however, use Linq in my Mwpsk site and it works fine.

Given all that, if you have ideas on how to get Dynamic Data to work with Mwpsk, then please let me know.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Hello again

Depending how you mean to use Dynamic Data, it can be done if you upgrade MWPSK to .NET 3.5, but it's xml-database-model it uses is not that simple to create as it sounds.
If using Scaffolding like Sonic or other, it's limitations is very finite to use it's own model. Iv'e been using scaffolding since I created my own in classic ASP.

Linq is are very good way to alter a database and a really makes programming faster.
I have suggested earlier, to separate sections from the application into their own projects, wish also will make it easier to use a model that reads and write from a database.
I hope this will be a part of a new MWPSK. If not I will probably integrate it.

//Rickard