This project is read-only.

Suggest updating the Gallery Section...

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I've been using this starter kit for some time now and overall its a great core web site.  I use this as a family web site centered around my daughter's birth and growth.  In this application, we post numerous pictures in the Gallery.  The downside to it as it presently exists is you can only upload five photos at a time and you have to invoke that fileopen dialog for each one.  I would like to propose the following:

Modify the gallery control to allow for importing 1 to n photos at a time using a multiple select dialog of some sort.  Once each has uploaded to the server, the control could diplay a small thumbnail of each photo uploaded with a text box for title and comment/description with a Next button to cycle through each of them.  This would be a huge time saver. 

I can look into developing such a control myself, but I don't want to re-invent the whell if someone already has this in the works.

Dec 3, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Hi yourkmichael

This is really a good question. I have earlier implemented the flashupload that can take numerous of files in one upload.
I would like to rewrite or create a new gallery section that read images from a folder a creates thumbnails on the fly.
It can be done, but it also need to "get done". I will suggest this.

//Rickard